Re: [Spridgets] Morriservice or Rivergate?

To: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Morriservice or Rivergate?
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:04:25 -0700 (PDT)
Mike,

  They both make a 5 speed kit that works. The Morriservice kit seems to be
more complete solution. Paul has continually improved his kit. I was going to
put a 5 speed in a Morris before i met Paul. Rivergate said i would have to do
some modifications on my own. One was a rear cross member support. There is
other differences. Paul uses the Datsun clutch - Rivergate uses the BMC - I am
sure others can give you more differences. Most people tell me that Paul's
product is better overall. I know from buying from Paul - You can not ask for
better support.

  I just put out a message for any one wanting the 5 speed kit to write Paul
direct. He son will be up helping him for a week. If Paul has a adapter kit in
stock he may be able to send you one. Don't Know - I have nothing to do with
MorriService besides being a happy customer.

  Vigil

Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com> wrote:  Hello,

I am planning on a 5 speed conversion on my Midget
next month. I already have the Datsun trans. I have
been comparing both Morriservice and Rivergate
regarding kits. Both seem comperable, except that
Morriservice has a preferred clutch setup. I would
like to get a kit from Paul at Morriservice, but
unfortunately he is down due to health reasons right
now.

Opinions? Has anyone dealt with either conversions?

Thanks,
Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275
You are subscribed as uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com