Re: [Spridgets] Pauls 5 speed kits

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pauls 5 speed kits
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 15:55:07 -0500
>I have nothing negative to say about Rivergate.  BUT, I would wait for
> Paul's kit, too.

I have the Rivergate kit in my Midget and my Bugeye. They are excellent. My
understanding is that the alloy used in the Rivergate adapter plate is
better than that in Paul's, but not that there is any need for it to be
better. IMHO, Rivergate's is engineered for racing applications, Paul's is
more oriented around Morris Minors. Rivergate helicoils all the holes in the
aluminum plate, Paul does not. I like the concept of re-drilling the
flywheel for the Datsun pressure plate like Paul does, but the Rivergate
system works just fine as well.

Both are gentlemen and provide good products and good support. I appreciate
that Rivergate has a warning on their website about inferior adapter kits
for Datsun transmissions, but has a paragraph in there stating that

"We wish to point out that we have never seen this failure due to
misalignment on the adapter kit built by Paul Aspeirsson at Morris Motors.
Our impression is that he builds good stuff."

OK, he can't spell Paul's last name right, but then neither can I.
David Lieb
0 2 4 3