[Spridgets] Fwd: [midgetsprite] anniversary badges

To: "Spridgets net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: [midgetsprite] anniversary badges
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 04:52:19 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Colin Dodds <colin@spriteparts.com.au>
Date: Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:33 PM
Subject: [midgetsprite] anniversary badges
To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com

G'day guys

There is an ad on eBay for a pair of Anniversary badges.

The seller claims:
The club that designed and marketed these in Australia approached me to act
as their distributor.
and:
These are a limited edition

Both statements are untrue.

I have just been in contact with the Australian Austin Healey Sprite
Drivers' Club who produced the badges, and they confirm that no-one in the
US has been appointed as an agent or distributor.  The badges aren't limited
edition, and will continue to be produced as long as there is a demand for
them.

Over 100 have been mailed to the US and orders are still coming in.  It's
interesting that the eBay price starts at $69.95 plus $12.75 postage, a
total of $82.70.  I can send you a pair of badges from Oz for just $74.00.

avagoodday
Colin
www.SpriteParts.com.au

<*> Your email settings: