Re: [Spridgets] BE Fuel Sending unit

To: "'Jim Fournier'" <jimndi@frontiernet.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] BE Fuel Sending unit
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:26:51 -0400
Jim,
Dunno what the resistance figures may be; but, if you test it, and get a
significantly different reading from one end of the float arm travel to
the other, the unit is working just fine and you can feel comfortable
about installing it in your new fuel tank.
As far as putting anything on the cork gasket: No.  Nothing at all.  As
with most cork gaskets, just soak it in clean water, if in doubt.  This
(soaking in water) used to be a commonly recommended (by the factory)
thing, "back in the day".
Bud Osbourne