Re: [Spridgets] Tight Steering

To: "Marc" <smarc@smarc.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tight Steering
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:14:37 -0500
> With the front wheels off the ground, it took much force to spin the
> steering wheel. I spent a while (hours!) flushing out the rack, and
> refilled it. Now you can turn it from lock to lock with one finger. It
> moves smoothly.

Marc,
WHAT did you fill it with? The early Spridgets used the Morris Minor
steering rack which used oil, but your 1973 has a Triumph rack which should
be greased. The easy way to tell seems to be that if it has a grease
fitting, it wants to be oiled, if it does NOT have a zerk, it somehow wants
you to grease it.
David