Re: [Spridgets] 3D-CAD Spriget Body Drawings

To: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@dartmouth.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 3D-CAD Spriget Body Drawings
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:05:00 -0400
Mark & Spridgeteers,

I got too busy drawing it for a 3D demo for my class perhaps I'll get a
student to try it unless my summer clears up then I'll get back to it. Yes I
would like one also if any are available, why reinvent the wheel : )

The guy behind this site http://halfabrain.co.uk/ (I just love the name)
made a flash program to design your own VW, and Porsche and he did a great
job considering it is only 2D and flash, check it out it's free,
downloadable and lots of fun. I want him to make one for the Spridgets good
timing as I sent him a message yesterday I'll let the list know if he will
give me a hand. I may end up recruiting some of my students (who are good at
CAD and Flash) to work on it as community service because the kids in the
honors society as well as other clubs are often looking for opportunities to
gain service hours. If I can I will have to recruit some notes on the minor
details of the body structure. I figure just Bugeye, and Square body to
start unfortunately it will be a profile view although I will see if we can
do a front view too because that is the best part of the Bugeye design. I
understand from my students Google Sketch Up
http://sketchup.google.com/(free software) will import photos so you
can digitize them on the screen
and it works like a charm with homes, although I haven't tried it my self
but as the school year winds down I will have time to work on projects. I'll
surly keep the list posted on the success of this project. With my dear
father passing away and the overwhelming task of executrix (gal executor of
the estate) ahead of me I have not been on the list for a while but now that
my spouse is nearly done with surgery and cancer free finally, (thanks list
for all the prayers and good wishes)  I hope to have some clear road ahead
in my future.

Linda

62 California Sprite (Pinky)

www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner