[Spridgets] Hydrogen supplement

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget
Subject: [Spridgets] Hydrogen supplement
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:37:42 -0500
Ok, so it's Friday here at work. All our work is done, but salaried help has
to stay to the bitter end, until EVERY truck that is leaving has all the
cabinets accounted for.
Needless to say, we get bored. The other day, our maintenance supervisor had
seen a thing on the news about making hydrogen, and how it is a hoax. Last
night, he had a friend at a machine shop make him 8 stainless steel plates,
about 3" x 5". There is a 1" notch cut in one corner of each plate, he
alternated the plates, so that the notch was in opposing corners in a stack.
Then he drilled two holes in the center of the plate stack, and on the
corners where the notches alternated. He used plastic (look like license
plate) bolts through the two center holes, with plastic washers to separate
the plates. Then, in each corner, he used brass screws and washers, to
electrify the plates. By alternating the notches, you have a positive plate,
then a negative plate, all down the stack. they are about an 1/8" apart.
He takes this rig, and puts it in a plastic bucket of water (tap water, NOT
distilled!!!), with a hose leading off of it, and the two wires from the
plate array, going to a 12 volt car battery.
With the lid off, you can see the water bubbling, much like the electrolysis
rigs we make to remove rust. After around 10 minutes of it going, he can't
smell anything coming out of the tube. Now, FYI, the maintenance shop shares
a wall with our customer service dept.
Out of curiosity, he puts a flame to the end of the hose. Imagine the
surprise, when the flame sucks up into the hose, IMMEDIATELY followed by the
lid blowing off the 5 gallon bucket. The girls in cust serv thought a tire
had exploded.
Hoax my ass, this thing WORKS!!! Now to figure out how to regulate and
utilize it in a vehicle. It allegedly increases fuel economy.
I wonder if the hose was mounted close to the carb/throttle body mouth, if
the vacuum draw would pull enough into the car to work...

Brad (still bored, but much more amused than before the explosion)
--
DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad