Re: [Spridgets] Spridget King Pins

To: "'Mark'" <mark@nashvilletn.org>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridget King Pins
From: "Duncan Sinclair" <duncan@pondhop.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 22:58:32 -0500
Mark,

The upper trunion should sit on a shoulder at the top of the kingpin.
Adjusting the locknut will have no effect on the thrust washer. The shims
sit on this shoulder to provide the correct clearance. Adding shims gives it
more clearance.

For the PO to put the upper fulcrum in backwards he must have omitted the
pinch bolt on the shock arm as it will not go in unless the slot in the pin
lines up correctly. Assuming og course he did not beat the crap out of it to
make it go in.

Thanks
Duncan