[Spridgets] Grassroots 2007 winner

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Grassroots 2007 winner
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
I got a free Grassroots Motorsports in the mail May
2008 issue. The winner of their $2007 build-a-car
challenge was a Corvette modified with a huge blower
mounted and driven by a small motor to provide down
force. They mentioned it was off an M1 Abrams tank.
Turns out it's one of the fans we make at work. The
article mentions that the Vette team called the
original designer of the fan to get the fan curves.
Not sure who they talked to, as the original designer
is, as Casey Stengel said, "dead at the present time,
and you could look it up."

Ron