Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Exxon Valdez is in remission!

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Exxon Valdez is in remission!
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 15:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,
     APT sells the carb you need (same one I bought from them) for
$329.00.  All you need is a stub stack (part no. MSS44) $32.50 and
put your K&N filter on it.  Block off the balance tube and put vacuum
advance on the port fitting (behind the piston cover, see link)

http://www.aptfast.com/Images_Parts/SU/HIF44.jpg

A spacer is only 20 bucks and you are in business.  I have no PCV valve on
my car and only have a vent tapped into the mechanical fuel pump boss with
a 1/2 inch brass fitting, a rubber tube and a small cylindrical K&N type
filter.  You can actually feel a slight suction when you put your hand
over the oil filler neck on the valve cover when the car is running.  If
you want to go for the performance option, APT will build up an epoxy ramp
in your carb intake throat per Vizard for cleaner air flow into the
manifold. A slight ram effect.  I can bring it with me next month if you
buy it to save shipping.
Mike MacLean

Robert E. Shlafer