[Spridgets] Cruise control, some do, some don't

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Cruise control, some do, some don't
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:24:40 -0400
Glen is one of the lucky ones, his Audiovox cruise control works.
Mine does not. Well is will work if I use the vacuum from 2 Sprites.
After 3 days of every possible combination of settings, and finding the
noise suppressor DOA, I determined that I did not have enough manifold
vacuum to make the thing work.
If I plugged the PCV system, I had enough vacuum but that means I would
be out of oil by the time I reached a cruise speed so that is not an option.
In one of the hundreds of tests I decided to hook up the vacuum from 2
Sprites to the unit on my 59. It sort of worked as well as I could test
it parked in the garage. It held for a 1/2 a second or so and the dead
noise suppressor may have been the cause of it dropping off right away.
So if anybody knows how to make more vacuum while keeping the PCV valve
operational, please let me know.
Or if anybody wants to attempt a cruise control in their Sprite, let me
know, all the wires are the correct length with Lucas bullet connectors
soldered in place, it truely is a plug and play system for a Sprite now.
I wish I could tell you it works like a charm but for me, it works like
everything else made in china.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ