Re: [Spridgets] Bloody computers

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bloody computers
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:15:28 -0400
> Yes, but you either need to be computer savvy or have someone on hand
> who is to do the LINUX thing.  It is not rocket science, but it ain't
> plug and play, either.

Ubuntu LINUX is pretty much plug and play for anyone accustomed to normal PC
modes.  Perhaps not Macs.  I still have trouble figureing out my wife's Mac,
as it is not intuitive to a long-term PC user.  I found LINUX easier to
understand.

BTW,  I finally got my new Handy MIG together and got out some scrap  to
practice on.  It didn't work, straight out of the box.  Bummer.  (It was
made in Poland, not China, so you have to make Polish jokes.)

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY