[Spridgets] Honda CV Joint

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Honda CV Joint
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:33:02 -0400
My daughter needs to eek one more year out of her school car, a '92 Honda
Accord that can't pass emissions requirements in many states.  Her mechanic
recommends replacing torn CV boots for $180, which seems reasonable to me.  She
is reluctant to spend the money for one year of use.  Any thoughts on the
likelihood that the joints will survive a year of casual driving with leaky
boots?  Would duck tape help?  Would periodic squirts of grease through the
holes help?

Michael Rowe