[Spridgets] Discovery

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Discovery
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:46:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

 I made a discovery when I started dissassembly for the 5 speed I'll be putting
in shortly.  To give a little background on this, I've been having trouble with
dieseling at operating temperature during shutoff since the get go.  I noticed
that the exhaust manifold pipe connection has been leaking.  There's a black
exhaust mark on the block and the flange showed leakage over 50% of the sealing
surface.  The pipe and clamp were brand new when I installed them 2 years ago.
Would a leaky manifold connection cause dieseling?  I've decided to replace the
manifold with the 3 stud design and toss the clamp manifold.  Sound logical?

Thanks,
Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275