Re: [Spridgets] oil pan bolt size*

To: <dlancer7676@comcast.net>, "'David Lieb'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] oil pan bolt size*
From: "Guy Weller" <guy.weller@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:24:16 +0100
David,
I was commenting on the assumed application of an American definition
applying to a British product, not on the actual thread size.  Big
assumption to make since we know well that the languages are not the same,
you should not conclude that an American definition necessarily applies.

That said, I agree with the definition other than the bit that says that
screws are generaly smaller. When I lived in Somerset there was an old Cider
press in a barn on the farm where I lived. It had a screw (and that is what
it was called) carved from a single piece of wood which was about 10 inches
in diameter and had a pitch of about 0.3 tpi!

Guy

;-)