Re: [Spridgets] Hand brake help...

To: dmg@bossig.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hand brake help...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:06:51 -0400
Dave G. wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> The foot brake can lock all four wheels without excessive travel.
> The hand brake won't lock the rear wheels!
> The cable adjuster at the diff is at the end of it's range...
>
> What can I do to make the handbrake work like it should ???

Sounds like you need a new cable, they do stretch over time.
I have had some luck with one of those cable space taker-uppers.
Available at most parts stores, it is a hook type thing and it fits over
the cable, you tighten the nuts and the hook pulls the cable to shorten it.
The only problem is the is no room for this device at the end of the
cable, you need to install it inside the tunnel and watch it doesn't hit
the drive shaft.
I used one once way back and  it worked.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ