Re: [Spridgets] summer school cars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] summer school cars
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:22:17 -0700
Hello B-,

     my dad told us kids we could have a car when we couild afford to
     buy one AND pay for the insurance gas and upkeep. .. i didn't get
     one until after my first year of college, when i had to have one
     for transportation to and from work. $50....

     BUT my older brother...

     a friend of his was willing to sell him one for $15! It had been
     in his family since new, he had driven it and now was ready to
     get a replacement. When asked if he could get it Dad blew his
     stack saying NO NO NO.. but my brother reminded him he had said
     he could have a car if he could afford to pay for it. and he
     COULD.. Dad eventually relented.........

     Fast forward.... my friends would ask me .. When you gonna get a
     car for you kids?... When they can afford to pay for it, was my
     reply. And that's when they got them.. .. i help if the cars need
     a major repair, but the cars are their responsibility......

     my daughter would up with a 1988 Toyota MR2, and my son with a
     1985 Honda CRX-HF. .... which was rated at 41 city/50 highway
     mpg!... he GETS over 40 on the freeway!... not bad for ANY car,
     let alone one over 20 year old.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com