Re: [Spridgets] Oil ( no direct LBC )

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Oil ( no direct LBC )
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:26:49 +0000
Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but it shouldn't happen.  Should the stock
market be 'controlled'?  I don't think so.  I think that is a dumb idea.
Something about freedom.  On the face of it, I think that we ( especially
you, Canada is an exporter of oil ) have to reduce demand and that will
affect how the investors act.  I don't follow USian politics closely and I
really don't want this to turn into a partisan mud slinging contest, but I
think that McCain is right and Obama is wrong, if what is written in that
article is correct.  I would guess that the investors in oil futures have
heard what McCain has said and are pondering his chances of getting in to
decide whether to sell or hold or buy ( or whatever it is that people with
money do! :) ).

----Original Message Follows----
From: Phil Nase <bugi1960@gmail.com>

Watching St. Louis news tonight.  They're reporting the investigation
of investors in oil futures and blaming them for the high retail price
of gas.  Also stating that if the futures traders activity is
curtailed that the pump price of gasoline could be cut in half within
several weeks.

Anyone wanna bet on this happening?

Phil Nase