Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem - actually clutch??

To: Mike/Donna Carpenter <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem - actually clutch??
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:05:32 -0400
To make a long story mercifully short: Midget with very worn
transmission, got rebuilt unit, installed it along with new clutch &
pressure plate, throwout bearing, slave cyl & hose. Clutch won't
disengage. Replace with original clutch and pressure plate (which turned
out to have been fairly recent). Clutch then works, but throwout bearing
smokes. Shorten pushrod, problem seemed solved. Except for rattling
noises...

--

Marc