[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Travel Log....

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget list"
Subject: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Travel Log....
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:45:10 -0500
A long day.  We left Dodge City at 7:00 am and were in Denver in plenty of
time to meet up with Mark Haynes and the Holy Sprite as he rolled in from
Grand Junction.  Only took a few minutes to pop the trailer off his van and
onto our pick-up. Checked the lights and found a bulb burned out on the left
rear of the trailer. 1157 - got one at a Kwik Shop. Actually picked up
several to pass along just in case.

The Holy Sprite is traveling well despite concerns about the small trailer.
Of more concern is the Interstate speeds. The tires are rated at 55 mph
under maximum trailer load. Bob Kitterer, Mark Haynes and now us have all
kept it between 55 and 60 and it has behaved itself nicely. As we neared
Burlington, CO we ran into a multi-cell severe storm complex with downburst
winds and occasional heavy rains. Lots of lightning. I got some pictures of
the Holy Sprite with a high plains severe storm in the background.
Unfortunately the one with the double rainbows didn't come out that well.

Anyway, we reached Colby, KS around 10:30 pm CDT, found a motel and are
crashing. Up at Oh Dark Thirty to head for Topeka. The 60 mph top end will
make the trip a little longer than planned but we should have lunch in
Topeka at Bobo's Drive In with Mike Osipik and Mac Humphries of the Kansas
City Healey club. Then we can cut for home.

I have a fair number of pictures including some video capture but they will
have to wait until I get home to be posted. The hotel wireless is only
slightly faster than pony express so I couldn't send up any pics...

Very tired.  Lights out. Taps.  Whatever.....
--
Cheers!!
Jim