Re: [Spridgets] 3/4" v. 7/8" MC

To: WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 3/4" v. 7/8" MC
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:52:28 -0400
WFO Herb wrote:
> Is anyone running 7/8" MC with disc?
>
> No reason it shouldn't work, right.  May increase pedal sensitivity, require
> less exerted force.

It does work, it does take a little (hardly noticable) more effort with
the 7/8 but what I found out is the rear bugeye drum set up with disc
fronts makes the back lock up with the front, like just before or at the
same time.
It works fine until you have to make a panic stop. Then the rear end
swings around to meet the front.
I do not have any scientific proof of this but when I was running a 7/8
master it happened to me twice.
Never happened with the 3/4 master and later rear drum set up.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ