[Spridgets] ADP is Now "Market Adjustment" - No LBC!!!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] ADP is Now "Market Adjustment" - No LBC!!!
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:32:56 -0600
As I sip on my 2nd vodka and diet lemon-lime, I decided to share the humor
that I encountered today. (Man, it is a wonderful thing to be retired with a
positive cash flow... I used to have to be at work right now.) Anyway, I
stopped by the local Ford dealer today as they have had a Shelby GT 500
sitting on their lot for a week now. Yes, OUT in the WEATHER!!! It even had
rain spots from earlier today on it. No purist will ever buy this one! The
MSRP was a little over 46K but there was an add-on sticker. They cranked it
up another 10K calling it a "market adjustment". They used to call it ADP,
additional dealer profit. Wow, these guys are way out of touch with reality!
They have had a "Bullit" model sitting there for 4 or 5 months now at
sticker... I guess that they did not get the memo that the rush to buy a GT
500 ended about 8 months ago when Ford announced the zillion other Shelby
models they were going to build.

After I left there, I went to the Dodge place across the road. They have a
hemi powered Challenger sitting on the lot. It was only 32K with a "market
dajustment" of only $995. It gets better gas mileage too! It read 15/25 vs.
the Shelby's 14/20 MPG.

I can't wait to see what the market adjustment is on the new Camaro.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye