Re: [Spridgets] Mk 1 outside mirrors

To: nases@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mk 1 outside mirrors
From: Miniac7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:17:09 EDT
The timing of your question is perfect. I installed a pair of Raydot  mirrors
on my Bugeye this past Thursday evening. If you plan to use side  curtains,
they will not clear the Raydot mirror when you open the door, if the  mirror is
installed using the rear screw mount for the windshield post. Seeing  as the
front screw goes into a concealed and in-accessible captive nut, it  made no
sense for me to consider using that location either.

I removed the windshield frame from the car and drilled a 1/4" mounting  hole
in the base of frame directly between the two existing mounting holes.  Since
the 1/4" stud out the bottom of the Raydot is quite long, I also drilled a
hole in the sheet metal bodywork below the mounting location to allow the  bolt
to penetrate that area. An option to drilling the car would be to  shorten
the Raydot stud a bit.

In my opinion, these mirrors really suit the looks of the Bugeye very  well.

Howard Collins
Virginia Beach, VA.

deal here.