[Spridgets] charging systems questions

To: "'Spridgets List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] charging systems questions
From: "Chris Manuel" <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:18:51 -0500
OK, so taking a break from the thing today and listening to it as it sat
there.  (yes Master Po I have been paying attention)

Some background and observations here...

car was built from boxes and grocery bags after sitting 20 years

Car runs but key electric functions I like are not working like the tach or
charging system.

Car once had a radio since there is an antenna and hole to prove it.

Hooking a meter on the back of the dynamo/generator I get something above 12
volts at times at idle.

Red light glows brightly on the tach when running.

Car is running in positive earth "mode"

What are the chances that before it was taken apart from the DPO that it was
converted to Negative ground?

If I ran it positive earth for the past few weeks around the block and it
was negative ground, could I have fried the regulator and/or tach?

Do I replace the regulator 1st?
I don't really mind if its pos earth, I will not be using a radio in it.
Do I need to re-polarize the dynamo/generator?

Humor me, I think I'm on to something.

Thanks
Chris

66 MKIII