Re: [Spridgets] Clutch Bleeding

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Clutch Bleeding
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:32:12 -0500
Hi Dave,

I've tried this same method with the same results. I think what happened was
when the rod pushed the slave piston back, it forced fluid out the other end
of the system leaving insufficient fluid in the system and possibly some air
as well. I also think pushing on the pedal with no load on the slave piston
allowed some fluid out of the slave since there was no load on the slave
piston.

I cured it by letting it sit a while with the slave bleeder cracked then
using standard bleeding technique. (pump a bunch, open and shut bleeder, top
master, repeat).  PIA but its the best way I've found to bleed a clutch.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 5:07 PM, franks97@verizon.net
<franks97@verizon.net>wrote:

> Okay, I dropped the clutch slave from the transmission and bled the clutch.
> It seemed to have good pedal firmness it that configuration. When I
> remounted the slave and inserted the rod it gurgled a bit and spit some
> fluid out the top of the master. Now I have no clutch, the pedal just goes
> to the floor. Suggestions?
>
> Dave Franks
> franks97@verizon.net
> 67 Sprite #82 Blue

> mail2web.com - Microsoft. Exchange solutions from a leading provider -
> http://link.mail2web.com/Business/Exchange

Cheers!!
Jim