Re: [Spridgets] steering column bolts

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] steering column bolts
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:00:26 -0600
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM, <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net> wrote:

when looking at the steering column from the driver side foot well up at the
steering column there are 3 bolts.  Two you can feel the nut and the bolt
but on the 3rd (closest to the passenger side) mine is loose and will not
tighten.  What does this bolt to? and is it a problem that mine is not
connected to anything?
Ryan,

Two of the three have the nuts under the dash. The third one has a nut under
the bonnet. You can reach both by yourself when the bonnet is off... You
also might be able to do it by yourself with the bonnet on but I am not sure
since the last time I pulled a column the bonnet was off. Put a ratchet on
the bolt under the dash and watch for a nut turning under the bonnet.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye