[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Progress

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Progress
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:06:10 -0400
Parts and donations are still arriving almost every day.
Thanks for all the help from everybody.
the bonnet came back from the media blast shop (another freebie) and now
that all the bondo is out, it's in real good condition
Not perfect, but better than anything I every had to work on.
I also stopped by the local sheet metal shop, I asked some pieces of
sheet, and some square stock along with some 16 ga so the welding
instructor who will be here 9/26 can *teach* who ever wants to learn.
And he is a pro welder and a Vo-Tech welding teacher. He will be
teaching mig on 16 ga and much thinner 22 ga.
And after I spoke about the Holy Sprite to the sheet metal shop they
donated the metal too. This shop is also where Doug, the welder, learned
his trade back in the 70s.
At night I have been glass beading and powder coating or painting some
of the bits and pieces, I have a lot more to go.
I have to weld the rods in around the bonnet wheel openings and get some
primer on it ASAP because it will rust being in bare metal now. So that
is this weekend's project for me. I will not touch any dents, that is
for you guys and the dolly set when you get here.
BTW, save up those Taco Bell wrappers for the serious problems on the
Holy Sprite OK ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ