Re: [Spridgets] Waxoil

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Michael Rowe
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Waxoil
From: bv <bvsprite@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
I used Waxoil quite extensively on my bugeye restoration. I didn't want to
drill any extra holes, but was easily able to get it in the A-posts in front of
the doors via most of the existin screw holes. I had also thought of drilling a
'water drain hole' at the bottom, and plug it with a rubber plug, so that it
could be checked and drained periodically, but I still havent done it.

Warning - Be careful, if you ever need to weld in an area that was Waxoil'd.
The stuff can catch fire and burn like a candle inside 'hidden' frame areas. I
had this happen on an IH scout, when I was doing some welding on rocker panels
that had been treated on the inside.

Bryan Vandiver
59 bugeye
76 Intl Scout