Re: [Spridgets] Spa Video

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spa Video
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:35:11 -0400
I don't have to get up as early as you, but I am always up and waiting.
Massa has had some bad luck this season and I hope he gets to keep these
points. Kimi was ruthless with Massa at the start, but his driving was
impressive, and looked like he would get his 4th Spa win. They were
turning identical times most of the race, so I don't know why Hamilton
caught up so quickly. This controversy may not be over cause McLaren
claims to have been given official approval for letting Kimi by. Monza
should be good no matter what is decided in the appeal!
What a thrill it must have been to drive Spa! Spa is one of the classic
Grand Prix courses, and I would love to visit a F1 race there.
Driving Watkins Glen was always special for me after watching F1 races
there. It was not my favorite track though until Bridgehampton closed.
Bridgehmpton had some thrilling sections that separated the men from the
boys, even in the small bore cars that I drive. Unfortunately it's now a
golf course. Dr. David Helmick came up with a great idea for tee shirts,
"It still takes balls to drive Bridgehampton!"
John
Fogelsville, PA