Re: [Spridgets] Rusty Tub

To: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rusty Tub
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:09:44 -0700
Changing the tub is easy.  Remove windshield, drill two rivets, lift vin
plate, slide donor car under vin plate, attatch plate with new rivets.
Remove vin plate from door jam, attatch matching vin plate.  Drive to DMV
and register.  There is a frame number on the left side under the hood, it
is usually so covered with grease that it will go un noticed.  You can find
it and grind it off if you are worried about it.  Prime and paint, or spray
over it with rubberized undercoating.

For a rust free tub, the desert area of California is prime.  California
1976-1979 Midgets have to pass smog check on a rolling road test, and almost
all fail miserably.  Once branded a "gross polluter" it is not unusual to
see them for sale for less than a grand.  A quick trailer ride out of state,
add a weber carb, and they are as good as new.

Transfer your roll bar and steering wheel for memories.

Dave