Re: [Spridgets] 948 Water Pump Questions

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 948 Water Pump Questions
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Tue, 9/16/08, Norm 2Bs <twobees@sprynet.com> wrote:
> Turner racecar.  It's an alloy body with stamped metal
> impeller by GMB,
> Have any of you with race or street Spridgets had any
> experience with this
> brand pump?

Yes. based upon a sample of 1, it's a piece of sh!t. It cavitated and ripped
the blades right off at race speed WITH larger water pump impeller. The fan /
pump guys at work could not believe it. I had no problems before or after with
a cast iron impeller'd unit. I put the new pump in because I rebuilt the motor;
I would not use a sheet metal unit again on a race motor. Street, it would
probably be fine.

Ron