Re: [Spridgets] Hi, I'm new. Please help me and my '76

To: "'Billy Zoom'" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hi, I'm new. Please help me and my '76
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:17:59 -0700
You might have bought the bug-I I used to drive in the ocean on Zuma beach.
Great fun as long as you keep it above 35-40 mph so when it started to
sputter you could whip it up on the beach to dry the points for the next
run. The car was last seen in the early 1970 on the ice plants south of
Glendale on I-5 south bound with a rod though the block. Not all California
cars are the same.  My blue 61 has had a totally different life. I'm the
second owner and it has never been in the water, no real rust except around
the battery box.  She has spent the last 20 years in dry storage in Reno
with an average humidly of 30%.  The rust free cars are there you just have
to look inland not on the coast.  Before anybody asks, if I want $750 for
the jack wrench imagine what I want for the rest of the car.
                Crash

What makes all of you think that I'm sitting in the middle of a bunch of
cheap, rust-free Sprites? It took me nearly two years to find any Sprite out
here, and it needed floors, both 1/4 panels, A pillars, B pillars, battery
tray, trunk floor, sills, firewall, etc.
And it wasn't cheap!  It was just the only one around.
As far as I know, almost all of the British cars in the US are in the
Mid-West or New England.
BZ