Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:34:07 -0700
Like a lot of folks I have been running Peter C's rebuilt shocks,
which are outstanding, and it seems that you would have to get a
significant improvement to justify a change. That said,while mounting
is an issue in doing the conversion I would think that having a shock
that is matched to the suspension characteristics would be the key
for the conversion to be successful.  As the case would be I am
currently trying out a prototype conversion using Bilstein shocks on
all four wheels.  These are not off the shelf shocks. They have been
valved to match the Bugeye suspension characteristics. I am only
doing street driving and with all due respect to Peter C I find the
car is much smoother riding.  Towards the end of the week I hope to
get out on some twist and turns at a more pressing speed.  This is
not a cheap conversion - all the parts are top quality.  At the
moment the only modifications needed are changing the driver side
bracket between the radiator and the wheel well and the mounting of
the windshield washer bottle which is minor.  If you do not have all
this stock stuff - air duct, radiator brackets, windshield washer
bottle then he has a kit ready for delivery.