Re: [Spridgets] calculating speed

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] calculating speed
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:16:32 -0500
> My engineering background tells me Dean and Duncan are on to something.
> There will definitely be some tire circumference growth which changes the
> tire diameter making it larger at higher speeds....  Where am I going
> wrong
> with that thinking?  ;-)

In that case, Jim, You should have made your peace with the concept of
scientific notation. If you are measuring circumference to the nearest inch
and indicating rpm as "7000", etc., the variations introduced by "tire
growth" and slip are not significant to factor in. Bear in mind that the
original inquiry simply wanted an idea of roughly how fast they would be
going, not that they were going to set their atomic clock by it. If they
wanted real info, they would install a SigmaSport bicycle speedometer and
KNOW.
David Lieb