Re: [Spridgets] Good News Regarding Nascar

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Good News Regarding Nascar
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 03:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Thu, 10/23/08, Ed's Shop <shop@justbrits.com> wrote:
Just how the Hell do you figure NASCAR is 'orchestrated', David??

I say NASCAR is orchestrated because racing should be about the best
combination of driver and vehicle winning a race.  That is bad for business
with NASCAR since they're all about selling licensed products as opposed to
finding out who has the best racing team.

As soon as a team starts winning, they penalize them with weights or other
restrictions to the point that they are no better than 20 other teams, all of
which could win on any given day.  That's not racing, that's a movie about
racing.  Even with technology as old as what NASCAR uses, there realistically
can't be 20 teams that have it THAT figured out.

I didn't mean they orchestrate a winner, they orchestrate a lack of a clear
winner, so people all over America can have a reasonale chance that "their"
driver will be the victor today.  Then they can share in the glory because
they have bought a bunch of licensed products with those colors and numbers
and display them on their shirts, shoes, coolers, flags, cars, campers,
tatoos, etc.

...Just my humble opinion, I know I'm in the minority on the subject.  I don't
realistically expect it to go away anytime soon, and we already have SCCA
racing which is kind of like Touring Car.  Just a shame to see all those
people flocking to a show instead of a race.  Thought I'd also see if I could
stir up a good discussion here ;-)

 - David Booker
'71
Midget