Re: [Spridgets] MGB Question (Gasp...!)

To: <kk7ss@verizon.net>, "spridget Blog" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MGB Question (Gasp...!)
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:51:09 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave G." <kk7ss@verizon.net>
To: "spridget Blog" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:02 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] MGB Question (Gasp...!)

There is a two owner MGB for sale locally that one of my boys is interested
in...
The VIN number checks out OK, but I'm having trouble with the Engine
Number
It starts 18B883AEL... Using the Web and the Lindsay Porter boom, I can
understand the '18' and the 'AEL' but the '883' has got me beat...

It has been de-smogged, has a Weber downdraught and a LCB exhaust
fitted...

Can anyone shed any light on what this enginemay be??

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If life begins at 50, why am I falling apart ?!

Dave, I'm sure your fingers missed the mark on the keyboard a bit, but that
should read 18"V" not 18B.  The 18Vs started in the early 70's and went to
the end in 1980.  The 883 series were the later 70's 18Vs engines w/o
overdrive trans.

LAD