Re: [Spridgets] Hope...for GM?

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hope...for GM?
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:27:45 -0700
I haven't seen a 2007/2008/2009 Silverado towed into the dealership in the
last year.  As for stranded, Onstar, blue button.  Oh, and free roadside
assistance for 5 years/100,000 miles.  Frequency of warantee repair has been
dropping to the point that we cut back one service writer and the
pre-delivery inspections rarely find anything that needs attention.  A far
cry from the days when mystery parts were in the trunk.
When I started in the business in 1995, there was no way we as a new car
franchise would even think of putting a trade-in  with over about 80,000
miles out on the used car lot.  Today, the real proof of quality is the fact
that 150,000 mile trade-ins need little more than some fluid changes and a
detail job to sell, and be proud of selling.