Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: "Nathan Causey" <irish_32_@hotmail.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:05:09 -0500
> New to the list 'ol Gilroy set me up.  Got a 70 midget 1275 almost done
> doing
> a total rebuilt lookin for an in expensimve upgrade to the front
> suspension
> any body have any ideas

Nate,
How dare you intrude Spridget content on the Spridget List? ;-)
Didn't you realize that we are in the throes of our annual 6-month cabin
fever, exacerbated by being leap year (and hence election year)?
Oh well. If you insist...

There really is not that much wrong with the design of the stock front
suspension. Almost any time you buy one, you can count on having to replace
both front wishbones (a-arms), the fulcrum pins, all the bushings and the
shocks. Worldwide Auto Parts in Madison, WI provides the best rebuilds of
Armstrong shocks. If you look hard enough and ask around, you can find
new/rebuilt wishbones with dual grease fittings to let you think you are
doing a better job of greasing them at every oil change or sooner.
David Lieb