Re: [Spridgets] Hope...for GM?

To: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>, "'Spridget List'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hope...for GM?
From: "David Riker" <davriker@nwi.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:19:14 -0700
GM just released a TSB that the Silverado, Tahoe, and Suburban with 5.3
engines will idle for extended periods of time on a completely empty tank.
The fumes in the tank are enough to keep the engine going at idle (hows that
for efficient).  However, doing so WILL burn up the fuel pump.  That was the
point of the TSB.  Empty fuel tanks are bad.

Dave R.