Re: [Spridgets] Midget windshield assembly

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Midget windshield assembly
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:15:00 -0800
Hello Chris,

     Windshield shims... where to get 'em?

      a few years back I took a rock and had the windscreen replaced.
      ..

      I took another rock this summer. I picked up a windscreen IN the
      frame at a swap meet so all i need do is replace one frame for
      the other. Also picked up new sealing rubber for the frame to
      body, and the posts, ...... AND the sides to door seals..
      BECAUSE..

      i got to looking at the job the guy did a couple of years ago.
      he must not have put the shims in (?) because he SHAVED THE SIDE
      SEALS to get the doors to close properly. ...SO..

      if the shims ARE missing, where do the go? never having taken a
      windscreen off, i won't know where to put them even IF i had
      them, which i probably don't.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  Part-time musicians are semiconductors