Re: [Spridgets] Another ebay Sprite (Spridget?)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another ebay Sprite (Spridget?)
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:05:40 -0700
Herbie wrote:

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/6lhzq5
>
> It looks nice but the BIN seems high. I thought only Midgets had the side
> trim. And what are those wheels?

The wheels are the early style Cosmic magnesium wheels, 5.5 x 13. I have a
set on my Bugeye. They have been bead blasted because the black paint on
some of the flat parts of the wheels is missing. It sort of had a
checkerboard effect with the paint on. I blasted mine so I could watch for
cracks. Old magnesium is brittle! The early 67 spridgets were 1098CC and had
the take off top. The late 67 cars had the fold down top and the 12CC series
1275 without the recirculation smog equipment. Those engines also had the
cross drilled nitrided cranks, Cooper S rods, best stock cam, etc.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye