[Spridgets] It Runs, again

To: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] It Runs, again
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:57:42 -0500
Well better,

I had asked about melted points a few weeks ago. I changed the points
(and lubed them) and still had a bad miss. I changed the coil, but not
the cap, wires. And still it had a miss. While at the Holy Sprite
assembly I cleaned the carb (Weber downdraft). This weekend I stuck it
back on and also changed the condenser. Now I am not sure which of the
2 fixed the problem, but the Midget runs better than it has in a
while. The carb has been on the car for about 12 years with nothing
done to it except adjusting, so I am sure a cleaning did a lot for it.

One of these days I will stick the old condenser back in, just to see.
Well it is not really an "old" condenser, it came when Jeff from
Advanced Distributors put the new dizzy in.

But the fun part is I can now drive till the snow flies!! (and maybe
even after that ;-)

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams