Re: [Spridgets] A-series EFI

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A-series EFI
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 01:02:23 -0500
A while back I picked up a TBI off of a Geo Metro from the local boneyard
for just this purpose.   I was going to use this with the megasquirt to feed my
Judson.

A couple items have kept me from persuing this further.

#1 is the exspensive fuel pump, regulator, and having to plumb the return line
back to the tank.
#2 My current 1 1/2 inch SU works fine.  I find it hard to upgrade when it's
working OK now.

In any case I just thought I would mention the Metro TBI.  It's well sized for
the Spridget and
has the throttle position sensor integrated.   I think it has the fuel pressure
regulator and idle control
integrated as well.

I think that this TBI coupled with a single flange downdraft manifold along
with a 5 speed and you
could end up with 55-60 mpg highway easy.  That might come in handy some day,
when the price of gas
jumps back up.