Re: [Spridgets] bent frame rails

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, David Lieb
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] bent frame rails
From: bv <bvsprite@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:11:08 -0800 (PST)
David - Thanks

Now this is what I'm talking about:-)
On the jig you can see the inclination of the frame rails. This is all I was
asking for.

Now we need to ask ourselves, why did they go about doing this 'retrofit' bend
of the frame rails. If it was just to adjust inclination of the front wheels,
it would have simply been a lot easier just to make some simple changes to the
lever shock mounting surface, and/or mount the A-arm mounts at a slightly
different angle. Bending the frame is kinda like 'moving the mountain closer
to the village' rather than the other way around.
I would guess that there is also a structural reason for doing it, like
pre-stressing the front end for load bearing, and to create a slight spring
effect.

 - Bryan