Re: [Spridgets] Seats

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Michael Rowe
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats
From: "Dave G." <kk7ss@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:01:49 -0800
I hate to "go against the flow' but..
I bought the rubber diaphragms from Mo$$, they are thick and quite
tough. They were thicker at the edges..
It took me and my boy, working together to stretch them into the seat
frames...
I'm happy with them and they give good support to the seat squabs..

Just my $0.04 worth (inflation gets everywhere...)

On 22 Jan 2009 at 8:49, David Booker wrote:

>> I don't have any experience with the rubber diaphragm versions other
>> than to see a bunch of them with the holes torn out where they used to
>> attach.  The rubber webbing that I just put in the seats I partially
>> rebuilt over Thanksgiving sure are tough.  Seems to me the diaphragm
>> versions would be inherently weaker than the other version.  The
>> webbing basically looks like it is made from flat hose material
>> (strings are imbedded in the rubber to reinforce).  Not sure if you
>> even have a choice, though.  Are the frames for the two different
>> types of seat the same size?
>>
>> David Booker
>> '71 Midget
>> Long Island

Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!