Re: [Spridgets] More on the Midget 50th and the SMC USA website....

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] More on the Midget 50th and the SMC USA website....
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:40:41 -0800 (PST)
--- On Thu, 1/22/09, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:

> They haven't all been assigned yet.  The 10 will be
> made up of the people
> who volunteered to do the work both at the event and before
> hand. As Michael
> Rowe said earlier, those who do the work should make the
> venue decision.  We

I just want to be clear here - I go to Elkhart Lake at least 3 times a year.
There are hundreds if not thousands of LBCs there each time. The track is full
of LBCs, the town streets are filled with them, and the parking paddock looks
like Abingdon, Coventry and Blackpool annexed themselves in Central Wisconsin.
I'm not lobbying for Elkhart for my usual selfish reasons - I get several full
doses of the place per year. I'm suggesting it because it is a beautiful venue
that is built around appreciation for the sports-type automobile, and because
THERE ARE SO MANY OF US CLOSE BY TO HELP. I'm sure the 10 committee members
will be the key people in laying out the plan for the event, but I would think
executing that plan a lot easier if list members are nearby to do the foot
work. One of the factors on the checklist might want to be how many really
vested volunteers live within 100 miles of the place. I've undertaken some very
large scale projects long
 distance, and it is an awful lot easier with people on the ground where the
action is.

.02 spent -

Ron