Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - Guitar amps

To: tinydog@snet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - Guitar amps
From: TMHEFFRON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:06:45 EST
The Champ or VibroChamp will sound real good at a relatively low volume
level (but keep in mind that even three to five watts can be pretty loud) but
will not be playable with a band, even if the drummer can play at a reasonably
low volume.  The Princeton and AC15 will sound pretty darn good even at a  low
volume, but are loud enough to at least give you some flexibility to play
with a band.  I play out often with an old 1961 Gibson made Epiphone amp
that's
15 watts - with a very efficient 12 inch Red Fang speaker.

The Princeton has a 10 inch speaker and the AC 15 a 12.  I'd  personally go
for the AC15 'cause I've got a decent selection of small 15 to 20  watt amps
that are 6v6 tubes, and an AC15 would be a change of pace.  If it  were to be
my
main amp - I'd go with the Princeton.  BZ knows tons about  amps so listen to
what he says.  Good luck.

TuTone

In a message dated 1/26/2009 4:36:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,