Re: [Spridgets] WWII and LBC

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] WWII and LBC
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:57:43 -0600
You should read some Stephen Ambrose stuff.  It is good stuff,
plagiarism and all.  When I saw the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan"
I knew I had read all about the beach storming portrayed in the film.
There is also some amazing stuff on Audie Murphy, who, after heroic
action in WWII, played himself in the movie about the action.

Also, mostly unrelated, is the history of N.B. Forrest, who, while
accused of ties with the KKK and extreme racial bias,  was quite the
interesting man of character.  He actually tried to have the KKK
disbanded and made public statements of racial equality after the
Civil War.