Re: [Spridgets] Relays

To: "'Bill L'" <pythias@pacifier.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Relays
From: "Herbert Miller" <hgmiller3@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:14:20 -0600
Comments on relays:
As commented in a previous post "for max light output place the relay as
close to the headlights as possible" I don't see the rational. If the 12v
wire to the relay and the relay wire to the headlights are the same gauge
and construction there would be no difference in the voltage drop no mater
where the relay is placed. Further, to run a heavy gauge 12v wire that is
always hot a long distance through the chassis adds risk. Think Bugeye, up
around the bonnet hinge and forward under the bonnet. I would rather have
the headlight leads only powered when the lights are on, a small percentage
of the time. Besides if a problem occurred in the headlight lead it could be
quickly turned off.

One point of view

Herb Miller