[Spridgets] 5 spd & diff ratios

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] 5 spd & diff ratios
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:47:08 -0800 (PST)
greetings folks.
I am wondering if anyone who runs a datsun 5 spd / 1275
combination has made the change from 4.2 to 3.9 or 3.7 final drive gears.
I am
currently runnning the standard 4.2 rear, and first gear almost seems
unnecessary! (almost, not quite)
My motor is mildly tuned, and currently still
pulls nicely in 5th gear.
There is provision for more tuning (isn't there
always?) as I have assembled a fairly good bottom end IMO with ARP main studs
and rod bolts.
Also I have yet to do any real work to the head other than
hardened seats.

Also, has anyone tried fitting an MG metro turbo to a
spridget? ( I am guessing those with LHD cars would have no room) But it looks
like it might just fit a RHD car... even if it slow roasts the passengers
feet.

cheers for input

Andy

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a
trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more